Rutland Homes for Sale
Included below are homes for sale in Rutland. If you would like more information on any of these Rutland real estate listings, just click the "Request More Information" button when viewing the details of that property. We can provide you with disclosures, past sales history, dates and prices of homes recently sold nearby, and more.
And, if you haven't already, be sure to register for a free account so that you can receive email alerts whenever new Rutland listings come on the market.
North and South Rutland
Rutland is Kelowna’s most historic area. Named after an early settler, John "Hope" Matthew Rutland, North and South Rutland areas are popular among homebuyers looking to enjoy the Kelowna lifestyle. Rutland is situated on the north-east side of Kelowna and is one of the oldest established neighborhoods in Kelowna. Locals love the area because of its access to parks, playgrounds, shopping and many other amenities.
Families with school children, seniors and university students enjoy Rutland’s convenience to the UBC Okanagan campus. The neighborhood is mostly residential but also has a healthy business community. Rutland takes pride in the Uptown Rutland Town Centre, Kelowna Family YMCA, Mission Creek Greenway and a lot more. Once you get a taste of what Rutland has to offer, I/m sure you'll agree.
Rutland – Real Estate
Rutland sits on the valley bottom and is therefore relatively flat, the fringes continue up into the hills and are therefore built at higher elevations and possess more expansive views than the rest of the neighborhood; these homes are correspondingly more expensive. This is the exception, however, as the majority of Rutland is among the most affordable of Kelowna housing. Homebuyers are attracted to Rutland due to its affordability and often larger lot sizes than some of the new communities.
The residential real estate market in Rutland consists of a mix of newer and older single-family homes with large yards, contemporary condominiums, new townhouse developments and even multi-family dwellings. In addition to the residential area, there are several large hobby orchards in Rutland.
Prices of condominiums range from the $260s and up. Townhomes are sold from the $3000s and beyond. Single Family Homes are starting from the $400s. You can choose from an array of lovely homes that suit your style and budget.
One of the reasons UBCO students love to stay in Rutland is its proximity to the University of British Columbia Okanagan campus. It is a school conducive to learning because it is away from the noise and traffic of the city. Yet, the beautiful Okanagan campus is only minutes away from the all amenities in Kelowna and other local attractions.
For younger learners, parents have a wide variety of schools that offer quality education in a friendly and loving learning atmosphere.
Belgo Elementary (K-6 English, K-6 French Immersion)
125 Adventure Road, Kelowna, BC V1X 1N3
Pearson Road Elementary (K-6)
700 Pearson Road, Kelowna, BC V1X 5H8
Rutland Elementary (K-6)
620 Webster Road, Kelowna, BC V1X 4V5
Quigley Elementary (K-6)
705 Kitch Road, Kelowna, BC V1X 5V5
470 Ziprick Road, Kelowna, BC V1X 4H4
South Rutland Elementary
200 Mallach Road, Kelowna, BC V1X 2W5
Springvalley Middle (7-9)
350 Ziprick Road, Kelowna, BC V1X 4H3
Rutland Middle (7-9)
715 Rutland Road, Kelowna, BC V1X 3B6
Rutland Senior (10-12)
705 Rutland Road, Kelowna, BC V1X 3B6
Rutland - Location
Rutland is situated on both sides of Highway 33, North of Springfield Road, and south of Old Vernon Road. This neighbourhood is Kelowna's nearest urban area to the Big White ski resort which is only a 30-minute drive away. Rutland also has the Uptown Rutland Town Centre, one of two secondary urban town centres in Kelowna.
There’s no need to rush when you have a flight as Rutland is only 10 minutes away from Kelowna International Airport. In 15 minutes you can be at Downtown Kelowna for a wide range of outdoor activities. Rutland is perfect for anyone who wants to be close to everything Kelowna offers.
Rutland – Amenities
Rutland has almost everything you need. For your basic needs, shopping centres, grocery stores abound in Rutland. For your special needs, there are doctors, dentists, pharmacies, specialty stores and various banks. For leisure activities, you name it and Rutland has it.
- YMCA – YWCA Memorial Arena of Okanagan features a gymnasium, indoor running track, Youth Zone, parenting centre, 8-lane shallow pool for competitive swim meets, a leisure pool, a diving tank, sauna and steam room, cardio and a weight room.
- The Kelowna Memorial Arena is an ice hockey arena which has a capacity of 2,600. The smaller ice surface of 180' X 80' is used for Kelowna Minor Hockey and the Okanagan College Hockey League.
- Rutland Twin Arena provides two NHL-sized rink surfaces, spectator seating, meeting rooms, skate rentals and food concession.
- Okanagan Gymnastics Centre is a 12,000 square-foot facility which houses a gym, a dance instruction studio/meeting room, lunchroom, concession and a viewing gallery.
- a BMX Track that is well-loved by people of all ages.
- Ben Lee Park. Enjoy its Skatepark, Waterpark, Playground, 1Km Walking / Jogging Trail, Native Plant Garden and Fountain and its Open Activity Area, all spread over about 18 acres.
- Walmart Supercenter.
- Costco which carries everything from computers and clothing to gardening and gourmet food.
- Rutland Sports fields are where people in Kelowna flock for a number of activities such as baseball, slow pitch, volleyball and soccer.
North and South Rutland are places for people who are always on the go. It is the number one choice of homebuyers whose agility needs venues for healthy and fun living. Choose North and South Rutland neighbourhoods, and enjoy grand experience for your active lifestyle.